Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Teal Nails For Ovarian Cancer Awareness

Good morning, all!  Today's TT prompt is brought to you for a good reason.  In women ages 35-74, ovarian cancer is the fifth leading cause of death.  There is no early detection, and pap smears do not diagnose ovarian cancer.  Knowing the symptoms and knowing when to visit your doctor is the key.  For more information visit: http://www.ovarian.org/.


For my teal nails, I did something I saw from WAH Nails.  I have always loved their designs.  I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls ( I have recently rekindled my love for this polish!).  I then did a gradient with OPI My Dogsled is A Hybrid.  Once that was done and cleaned up, which I always forget takes FOREVER, I did some geometric designs.  I used OPI Alpine Snow for this.  I just free handed it.  I love the look of a somewhat subtle design over a gradient.  What do you guys think?




As usual, don't forget to visit the rest of the Twinsies.  Also visit the NOCC website to educate yourself on ovarian cancer.
-Kelly

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
      Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision
Traci at DrinkCitra 





9 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)