Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired By A Book

Hey guys! I am actually super excited for this week's Twinsie Tuesday!  The prompt is 'inspired by a book'.  I was originally thinking of doing Harry Potter for this, but I decided to go with the book I'm currently reading.  "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"!



My boyfriend purchased this book for my for my birthday back in June.  Its all five books in one volume.  I am more than halfway through and I love it.  Its a fun book with great anecdotes.  I decided to go with a little bit of cover art mixed with iconic staples from the book.  I started with a base of Picture Polish Cosmos.  I did the green alien man with Essie Mojito Madness, OPI Coca Cola Red, OPI Black Onyx and OPI Alpine Snow.  I wrote DONT PANIC in OPI Alpine Snow.  I also did a towel on my thumb, because you'll need your towel if your hitchhiking the galaxy! The towel is done with OPI Alpine Snow and Essie Avenue Maintain.  I am loving the way these turned out!  The green man is perfect, toot toot!  Haha!  What do you guys think?










As usual don't forget to check out the rest of the ladies!
-Kelly

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
   Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision
Traci at DrinkCitra 






12 comments:

  1. The blue picture polish is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh....Kelly, this is absolutely adorable! Cosmos was perfect for this look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! These are so cute, your alien is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect interpretation! I love Cosmos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out fantastic! Love that little green alien man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I listened to the audio book of this one and loved it. Such an awesomely quirky story! Great mani as always Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! You did a terrific job of capturing the book and now I *need* Cosmos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)