Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Guest Post from Cuti-CLUE-les

Hey guys.  So I am a terrible blogger friend and completely missed doing Roisin from Cuti-CLUE-les 's guest post for the week that I was on vacation!  I guess I was a bit crazier than usual.  I hope that Roisin can forgive my terrible blunder.  But, here's her awesome post and I am very grateful that she did a post for me!  It also kind of worked out, since I'm still a bit behind on posts!




Hey all,



I'm Cuti-CLUE-les and I'll be standing in for Kelly today! I couldn't for the life of me think of a design for today's post. Finally I settled on a blue ombre look and I think it came out fairly decent. I'm not one for sponging (it never turns out well) so I kept things pretty simple and used striping tape instead.




I started off with 3 coats of Catrice Sold out forever (the pale pastel blue version, not the original Chanel dupe) Once that had dried I sectioned off the nail into thirds using striping tape. I added on 2 coats of Barry M Blueberry ice cream around my cuticle, Barry m Cyan blue in the middle and Sinful Colours Endless Blue on the tips.  I topped it all off with a glossy topcoat and that was it!

The only really time consuming part of this design is waiting for the base to dry before adding on the striping tape. I'd say stick with a 2 coat polish so you don't have to wait ages for the next step. If the base isn't dry before you add on the striping tape is tend to peel off with the tape and it ruins the look of the design. 




I hope ye enjoyed this little post and thanks for reading! 

Cuti-CLUE-les



What an awesome design!  I love the ombre effect it has!  So cool.  Thanks again Roisin for helping me out!
-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. What a nice guest post! Love the stripe ombre nails a lot especially since its using blue which is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this design is stunning! i love the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)