Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Grunge Nails

Hey guys!  Its time for another Twinsie Tuesday post.  This weeks theme has actually plunged me back into nail art, and I'm so excited.  Lately, all I've had time to do was swatches of polishes.  I can't imagine how bored you all are, even IM bored!


This weeks prompt is Grunge Nails.  Grunge nails have been all the rage lately, ever since the infamous Chalkboard Nails came out with this tutorial.  It really is a cool layered effect.  This was my first time doing this type of nail art, and for some reason, it all went to my tips?  But I like it!  I was so happy with the result of it!  I used a base of OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around and then went in with all OPI colors: Amazon...Amazoff, Kiss Me I'm Brazillian, Scores A Goal and Black Onyx.  This effect doesn't involve any crazy tools or anything, just the end of the polish brush.  Such a quick and easy way to do some nail art.  I can't wait to try this design again!






Don't forget to check out the rest of the Grunge Nails this week!
-Kelly
Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra




13 comments:

  1. These look SO cool! I love the colors, and the black is perfectly laid on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a teen I loved Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, so I can't but like this mani! The thin black like at the edge is the cherry on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like the black on the tips! Looks intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorg!! Love how it looks a little bit spotted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours are so cool! I kind of like how it went to your tips hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this!! It reminds me of artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing, I like the look of the black sort of French tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I thought the tips were done on purpose. Looks great to me and adds a different twist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. feels like I was one of few who didn't follow Chalkboard nails tutorial, I want a re-do! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)