Monday, March 3, 2014

The Polish Well: Catching Fire

Hey, all!  Happy new week to you all.  I have the last of the polishes I purchased from The Polish Well today.  I really enjoyed all of these polishes and I look forward to seeing more creations from her.



This is The Polish Well Catching Fire.  Catching Fire sits in a blackened base with golden shimmer and small red hexes.  The first time I wore this, I wore it alone with two coats and noticed some patchy areas.  The second time, I decided to use OPI Black Onyx for undies.  It brought out more of that golden shimmer and eliminated my patchy areas.  I used one coat of Catching Fire over Black Onyx.  It has a jelly consistency to it and application when layered was perfect.  I am so in love with how this reflects the book Catching Fire.  With the black base and the perfect combo of red and gold, you really get in the feel of Katniss Everdeen and her interview dress.  So perfect!






You can find The Polish Well's polishes here.
-Kelly

3 comments:

  1. lovely and unique fun idea. I'd added more red sparkles & a burned redish shade to the dark base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw my favorite book of the trilogy. This polish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)