Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Picture Polish Sea Jewel with Chevron Accents featuring Nail Vinyls

Good morning, lovelies!  I've gone some days without showing off some Picture Polish, but that didn't last long!  Haha!  I recently did a nail swap with Casey from Casey Lane Loves Polish and she was so kind to send me some amazing cuticle oil and a new product called Nail Vinyls.  I also purchased a brand new and better macro lens!  So expect some amazing up close shots of polish!


I started out painting most of my nails, excluding the ones I was using for accents, with Picture Polish Sea Jewel.  Sea Jewel is a stunning teal glitter polish.  Its the perfect shade of sea green.  This is also a full glitter polish, meaning you don't really need to layer this one.  I used two coats of it on its own.  The formula is great as well, amazing coverage.  Then on my two middle fingers I used OPI Alpine Snow as a base.  I let that dry fully.  Once it was dry I applied the Nail Vinyls.  The Nail Vinyls are basically just your nail art guide stickers, except better.  The sticky-ness of them is perfect as well as the size of them.  I have tried other chevron nail guides like this and they were way too large for my nails.  I have small nails that I keep short, so those larger ones didn't work for me.  These, however, were PERFECT.  I immediately sent Casey a text thanking her because I was just so excited to have a product that would allow me to get a great chevron look with ease.  Chevrons are a hard design to accomplish, especially freehand.  I have tried a million times and gave up for a long time.  Now that I have these, I can do them again! I also tried a slanted chevron design for the first time and loved it.  The pink color is OPI Kiss Me I'm Brazilian. 






What do you guys think of this mani?  Have any of you used the Nail Vinyls?  I purchased Sea Jewel from Llarowe and you can find Nail Vinyls here.
-Kelly

5 comments:

  1. I love this mani! I've seen the Nail vinyls used for chevron prints and I've always wanted to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I really like how you have the slanted chevrons :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I've tried the nail vinyls once and I can't wait to use them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sea jewel looks amazing, and you did a good job combining it with the chevron

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)