Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Essie: Cocktails & Coconuts

Hey guys!  I have a mainstream brand polish to show you all today.  It has been a while since I posted an Essie swatch.  I have just been so smitten with OPI and Picture Polish lately, most over brands have been in my blinders.  Boy, am I sorry for that!


This is Essie Cocktails & Coconuts.  This one is part of their Resort Collection for 2014.  The Resort Collections are always subdued hues that have a subtle beauty to them.  Cocktails & Coconuts is just that.  Its a tan shade that has that subtle beauty with micro shimmer.  The micro shimmer seems to be less apparent on the nail and more apparent in the bottle.  You can still make it out in brighter lights, though.  I got a lot of compliments on this shade, but to me it seemed to give me a little bit of lobster hands.  Its a shame, because I really liked the look of it!  I used two coats and formula was just slightly more on the thin side.






Did any of you pick up some Essies from the resort collection?
-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I bought the mini cube from the resort collection but I was really disappointed in all four. I liked the regular Spring collection from Essie much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks just like vanilla ice cream, yummi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great on you! I haven't bought any new Essies yet (trying not to), but I'm tempted...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of on the fence about this one, I think it would give me lobster hands too :\ It looks fine on you though! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)