Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired By A Family Member

Hey guys.  Its time for another Twinsie Tuesday post.  This weeks theme is "Inspired By A Family Member".  I decided to be inspired by my mom.  My mom is seriously my biggest supporter and truly is my rock.  I wouldn't be have the woman I am today without her.  She does so much for me, so the least I can do is my nails for her!  Haha!  I had done her nails for a Christmas party during the season, so I decided to recreate it!  She picked out the colors and while I showed her a few things she could do with them, ultimately she picked the design too.


This is a ruffian nail design.  I really love this kind of design.  Its subtle, but depending on your color choice, can really pop!  The colors I used for this are OPI Skyfall and OPI Golden Eye.  I used Skyfall first, then I went in with a small nail art brush and did the ruffian cuticle line with Golden Eye.  Golden Eye is kind of a flaky gold so it sparkles so different depending on the angle.  I love it!  Plus what could be a better combo that deep red and gold?



As always, be sure to check out the rest of the Twinsies.  Especially the new members if you haven't yet!
-Kelly

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra


15 comments:

  1. I love goldeneye. It's such a great polish and it looks amazing paired with a red polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, your mom has some awesome taste because these are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome and I love your inspiration behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I need to tey a ruffian mani soon! Great post and your mom has style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute! I could imagine why your mom picked it for Christmas, its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!!! I have yet to do a ruffian manicure. I love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Kelly!! My mom would never wear it. Your mom has style, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww so sweet! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! Great job on the ruffian!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look gorgeous! I love the combination of colors, and the ruffian design is always classic :) (haha, weird coincidence -- I'm listening to the song Skyfall right now)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet post and gorgeous mani! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)