Friday, November 29, 2013

Lac Attack: Magical Mischief Collection

Good morning guys! Its finally time for more Harry Potter polishes from Lac Attack!!  I received a package from the creator of Lac Attack for what I thought was just the winter trio.  I opened it to find these babies as a surprise and nearly pooped my pants!  You guys know I love my Harry Potter polishes and Lac Attack makes the best ones!  Always perfectly themed to each detail.  I don't know if you guys were aware, but it was just Harry Potter's 10th anniversary.  They released a new box set of paperback books with all new cover illustrations.  I highly suggest looking them up because they are beautiful.  My boyfriend bought me the new set for our anniversary in September.  I love them so much, it was one of the best gifts!  This post is gonna be a bit long, but so worth it!  So settle in and soak up the magic!



First up we have Lac Attack The Brightest Witch.  This was inspired by Hermione Granger.  She was a main character in the books, and literally one of the smartest witches.  A favorite character of mine as she is smart, fierce and beautiful all in one.  She is dubbed as The Brightest Witch of her age throughout all of the books.  This polish sits in a teal base with shards in silver, bright teal, black and hexes in purple along with some lavender square glitters.  I used two coats for this and application was great.




Next is Lac Attack Loony Luna.  This is dubbed after a nickname for Luna Lovegood.  Luna first debutes in the 5th book "Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix".  She is a quirky girl from Ravenclaw.  However, being in Ravenclaw means you are insanely smart.  Because she is a little different and 'out there', kids called her Loony Luna.  She ends up becoming a huge staple, not just in this book but in the rest to come, plus a wickedly loyal friend to Harry.  The polish is a light lavender that leans towards pink.  The glitters in this one are so pretty, pastel blue, pink and green with silver star glitter.  Its spot on for Luna!  I used two coats and the star glitters require No fishing.  I thought this one was super flattering on me.




This one is Lac Attack Dobby The Free Elf.  Ok.  So Dobby is a sensitive subject with Potter-heads.  He is a house elf, a type of elf enslaved to do the housework for wizards.  Dobby first debuted in the second book, "Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets".  He is a major Harry Potter supporter and saved his life many times, even if it wasn't in the best way.  He is another loyal friend.  I won't give anything away for the people out there who haven't read the books or seen the movies, but I suggest some tissues near by.  This polish is a green jelly polish with brown and green hexes and green bar glitters.  This is packed with glitter, so application was kind of tricky.  I suggest layering it over something.  I used two coats on its own.




Here we have Lac Attack Moony.  This is the nick name of Remus Lupin.  Remus made his first appearance in "Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban".  Lupin is actually a werewolf, but also an old friend of Harry's parents.  He is one of my favorite characters.  He is just a good of friend to Harry as he was to his parents.  Lupin acted as a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at first, until his secret was made public.  His is a major staple in the books from there on out.  This polish is a foil metallic silver with hints of blue.  Perfect for the whole 'moon' theme.  I used two coats for this.




Next is Lac Attack Padfoot.  This one is named for Harry's godfather, Sirius Black. Just like Moony was Remus Lupin's nickname, Padfoot was Sirius'.  Sirius Black is yet another sensitive subject.  He makes his first appearance in "Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban".  He was wrongfully imprisoned for the murder of Peter Pettigrew, I won't go into detail.  Harry saves him and is able to make a strong connection and almost look up to him as a father figure. Sirius is what they call an Animagus, able to transform into a certain animal.  His shift was always into a dog, hence Padfoot.  He was an old friend of Harry's parents, the best friend to his dad.  Since Lupin was a werewolf the gang all turned into animals to hang out and protect Lupin.  This polish is absolutely stunning!  It caught my eye as soon as I opened up the package.  A rust brown color with a scattered holographic effect.  I didn't want to take this one off.  Two coats, great formula.





Next we have Lac Attack Nymphadora.  Oh, I love this one!  Also named for one of my other favorite characters, Nymphadora Tonks.  Though, I wouldn't call her Nymphadora- just Tonks.  She was a special witch with the ability to change her appearance at will called a Metamorphagus.  Tonks ended up marrying Remus Lupin and having a son with him.  I won't go into detail again, but keep the tissues for this one too.  She was a fierce witch that fought alongside Harry many times.  This polish is a glitter topper with iridescent bars and hexes.  A total stunner.  I layered this over OPI Vant To Bite My Neck.




Lastly, we have my favorite.  This one is Lac Attack APWBD.  This one is named after one of the greatest wizards of all time, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.  Or just Dumbledore, commonly.  Dumbledore is a huge character in the books, and an amazing mentor to Harry.  Helping him with every step in defeating Lord Voldemort.  He was a long time standing Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  I could go on about Dumbledore all day.  Get a whole new box of tissues for this character.  You will need them all.  I layered this over Essie Parka Perfect.  This is a glitter topper with a mixture of glitters in bars, squares and hexes, along with cresent moon glitters!  There's a variety of colors in this, blue, green, lavender and silver holographic.  The moon glitters are inspired by the signature half moon spectacles Dumbledore always wore.  This one also glows in the dark!  I loved this combination so much, I was pained to take it off.







OK!  All finished.  What did you guys think?!  I really loved every single one of these.  I'm still a die hard Potter Fan.  Since this collection was based more on characters, I could have gone on for hours about each one.  I had to draw the line somewhere!  I hope you guys enjoyed the little tidbits about them and my swatches.  These go on sale on December 1st and can be purchased from Lac Attack's Website.  Ill be picking up the last few from this collection so I can complete mine!  So exciting!
-Kelly

Products were provided to me for review.  

4 comments:

  1. Moony and Padfoot are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection is beautiful! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nymphadora (I think I spelled it right), is soooo pretty! Definitely the winner in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaagh, these are fantastic! APWBD is so wonderful, and I love how you paired it (you have such a great eye for pairing, Kelly!). I wouldn't have wanted to take it off either! And ooooooohmygosh, Padfoot. So, so gorgeous. And how cute is Loony Luna?! Wishlist, here I come...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)