Friday, November 15, 2013

KB Shimmer: You Go Ghoul! Plus OPI Matte Topcoat

Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm ready for this week to be over.  I'm also super ready for this semester to be over, too.  I have another KB Shimmer polish for you guys today, and it won't be the last for a little while as I just got my holiday ones in the mail!


This is KB Shimmer You Go Ghoul.  Its a blackened base jelly polish with hexes in purple, pink and orange with scattered sparkle.  I used two coats and I wish I would have layered this over black.  The jelly base makes this a bit sheer.  The glitters are packed into this one too, so you won't have to worry about digging.  I decided to top this with my newly acquired OPI Matte Topcoat.  I bought some OPIs off of Ulta's website and I was eligible to receive a free topcoat or basecoat.  I was curious as to how OPI's matte was, so I picked that one.  It was fast drying, faster than my Butter London Matte topcoat for sure.  But I do notice a little bit of brush stroke on my middle finger.  I'm wondering if that is indeed the topcoat or the fact I didn't have enough on my brush?  I'll use this again, so Ill update you guys on that detail!  I loved this polish matte though, all those glitters and the dark base just look different with it.






You can buy KB Shimmer polishes here and OPI here!  What do you guys think of this combo?
-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful polish! I really like it as a matte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! Please check: http://www.magnifique-nails.com/2013/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god this is amazingly lovely! did you put a solid black as a base and then used a mattifier on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I love the matte look! :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)