Monday, November 25, 2013

Catching Fire Gradient

Happy Monday, everyone!  If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I saw Catching Fire for the midnight showing on Thursday.  I wanted themed nails, but didn't really have a while lot of time and energy to put into them.  I decided to go with a gradient look.


I used all textured polishes for this.  I started out with a base of OPI Liquid Sand Emotions, which is in fact a lot prettier in person than in some photos I've seen of it.  I then went in with a typical gradient technique using a makeup sponge with Zoya Pixie Dust in Dara and Zoya Pixie Dust in Solange.  I always love the look of textured gradients, but man is the clean up a pain in my ass!  I even oiled up my cuticles beforehand and still had issues.  It was worth it, though.  The end result looked a lot like smoldering embers.  Perfect!  It was just what I was going for.  And by the way, the movie was awesome!  We were all kind of worried we'd fall asleep as the movie didn't really start until midnight, but we were all jacked up the entire time.  I can't wait for Mockingjay to come out.  They are really doing well with these movies, which is saying something since book to movie can be really hard to get right (cough cough Twilight, I'm talking to you.) Haha!  Also the trailer for Divergent is out, anyone read those?  I just finished them not too long ago and LOVED them, so I'm pretty excited.








What do you guys think of this gradient?  Did anyone else see the movie yet?
-Kelly

7 comments:

  1. oh! looks nice with the textured ones! i sow something really similar on hannah rox's channel for new year's eve lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the look of this! omg they really are doing an amazing job with the movies! I also can't wait for Mockingjay! Ooh I'm excited for Divergent too. I'm in the middle of reading Allegiant right now :D I hope they do a good job with these movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I love textured gradients, and the colors you used are.. smoldering!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)