Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: What's Your Sign?

Good morning!  So while its the last day of the 31 Day Challenge, there's still the weekly Twinsie Tuesday posts to look forward too.  This weeks theme was based on our perspective Zodiac signs!  I am a June baby and the end of June begins the Cancer Zodiac.  Both my sister and I are kind of into the whole Zodiac thing, so I know a little more about my sign and birthday.  However, that can kind of go really deep.  I just don't have that much time here!  However, I do feel like my sign reflects me in a lot of ways.


I wanted to do something a little different for this post.  I could have done the whole crab thing or a color thing, or even the traditional symbol of the Cancer Zodiac.  However, I thought it would be really cool to do the actual Zodiac's star constellation on my nails!  That is what your sign stems from anyway!  Whatever star alignment is up during the month of your birthday is your sign.  Just a little fun fact for those who didn't know, the night sky shifts and every so many weeks the stars are different, with different constellations.  Its actually really interesting!  I used Picture Polish Cosmos for my base.  It was a new purchase and totally arrived just in time for me to do this mani.  It was just too perfect not to use it! I used two coats and it applied perfectly!  I then added some rhinestones on my accent nail in the constellation form.  Its a little smooshed, but I think it comes across very well.
Source




I purchased this Picture Polish from Overall Beauty.   Anyone wondering how Cancer even became a constellation?  Well myth wise, at least.  Cancer was the name of the giant crab Hera had sent to overthrow Hercules when he was battling the famous Hydra.  Cancer was ultimately defeated, but Hera gave it a place among the heavens for its service to her.  Pretty cool, I think!  Be sure to check out the rest of the Twinsies for this week!
-Kelly
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra





15 comments:

  1. Oh god that Picture Polish!! WANT!! So pretty and sparkly and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, Kelly! I love that base! And your rhinestone stars are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, as a fellow Cancerian, I LOVE this! Well done <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue here is amazing!! And the Cancer accent nail is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you providing all of the astrological facts! Love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cosmos is gorgeous! And I love the way you did the constellation with rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super gorgeous! I love the accent nail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Kelly, this is perfect--I love it!! And I clearly need Cosmos, STAT. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOO gorgeous that polish is amazing and the rhinestones are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous mani! And I love that you shared some mythology with us too! I used to be really into Greek mythology so I love hearing fun tidbits like the one you shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love that you did the constellation! :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)