Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Space Inspired

Good morning, all!  This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is space inspired.  I was a little lost at what to do for this.  I feel kind of galaxy-ed out after the 31 Day Challenge, so what else could go with space?  I decided to do something simple, a meteor shower!


I started with a base of Zoya Storm, the go to polish for anything space related as I am convinced it is space in a tiny bottle.  Then I went in with some white polish, Illamasqua Scorch, to just make random streaks.  I added some rounded tips for a more meteor look.  I kind of wished I had used a wispy silver or gray for the meteors, but o well.  I still like the way they turned out.  Me and boyfriend saw a total of three shooting stars over the summer.  That kind of stuff is so fascinating to me!  In fact, in a few weeks people in the United States, at least, will be able to see a comet!  There will be two in the sky coming up, one might not be visible as it is one they call a 'sun-grazer' and has the possibility of being burned by the sun.  However, as far as I know, we should at least see the other!  I certainly hope so!  How many times do you hear 'I saw a comet' in your life?!


I kind of nerded out there for you guys but I hope you enjoy the nails!  Be sure to check out the rest of the Twinsies and their space inspired manis!
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra
-Kelly 

7 comments:

  1. Zoya storm is amazing! It's the perfect base for a space manicure

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love your little meteors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great, and Storm is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! What a great twist on the theme!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)