Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tux's Moonlight Stroll: A custom made by Elena!

Hey guys!  I have a super special polish to show off today! I am so excited about this one and its become a close to heart polish.  Recently, Elena from Ecklipsed by Color did an epic Halloween nail polish swap!  She swapped me some awesome things and completely spoiled me.  I wish I had gotten her so much more, because she even frankened a custom polish for me!  It was inspired by my cat, Tux!  Who, if you haven't noticed is the namesake for my blog.  Let's take a look!


Tux's Moonlight Stroll is a mint green polish with large white hexes and black hexes and bars.  There's also a scattered holo in this!  Like seriously?  Its all of my favorite things wrapped up into one polish! I used two coats and every thing went on nice and smooth.  I did have a little fishing with the white glitters, as they are so large, they sank a bit.  Nothing a little bottle shake can't fix! The mint color is absolutely stunning and combined with the glitters, this becomes an eye catcher.  I had a lot of compliments on this!

Now, last weekend, I mentioned my cat was having a limping problem.  Yesterday, my sister and I took him to the vet and got some bad news.  It turns out Tux has bone cancer in the upper bone of his leg.  He now has to have the entire leg amputated.  I am beside myself heartbroken for him.  He is truly a member of our family and this is a big blow to all of us.  He is a young cat, and the vet was very positive about the situation.  I guess this type of thing is not usually a huge problem in cats and they bound back very well after the surgery.  Its just a very sad this as he is really bright light in my life.  He cheers me up when I'm down, greets me at the door and just is overall a positive little guy.  I hate to see him in pain and not be able to help.  We are hoping for a long and full life for him, though!  So, I'm trying to keep my thoughts positive.





So, what does everyone else think?  I know I might be a little biased on it, as it's based off of my beautiful tuxedo kitty, but I love it!  Elena, I couldn't thank you more!
-Kelly


5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and soft!!
    Sending well wishes and kitty hugs to Tux! I've seen many cats in the shelter where I volunteer who have had legs amputated and you wouldn't even know it from their disposition and their agility! Tuxies are the best cats...along with orange tabbies :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. Love the mint base with the different glitters. Well wishes for Tux!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute polish! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat Tux but I hope the best for him and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely polish!
    I'm so sorry to hear about Tux! Sending lots of love to him! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely polish -- the pastel green base color and the different shapes of glitters look perfect together! Best wishes for Tux!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)