Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31DC2013 Day 31 Inspired By Nails You Love: Lightning Bolt Nails

Its the last day of the challenge!!  I'm pretty happy with my progress with the challenge, I only missed two days of it and I stayed right on schedule.  Today's final theme is Inspired by Nails You Love.  Well I love The Little Canvas' nails!  She does these really cool lightning bolt nails that make me itch to do myself!


I did my lightning bolt nails a little different.  I used a base of Essie Lilacism.  I then sponged with Essie No More Film towards the top and middle of my nail.  Then I added my bolts in white acrylic paint.  I added a little extra color with Zoya Dove for more gray stormy sky.  I'm so happy that I was able to finally do my own set of awesome lightning bolt nails.  I enjoyed the end result, but I think next time I'll add more colors, now that I'm more familiar with the design!



Well that wraps up the 31 Day Challenge!  What was your guy's favorite nail art?  Is everyone else excited to be done?
-Kelly

Image Courtesy of Chalkboard Nails

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the challenge :D I love these, the lightning on the gradient looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this theme and they look great, maybe I'd preferred to see some more crackled like thunders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing all your manis for this challenge! oYour lightening looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)