Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: YouTube Tutorial

Good morning. all!  This weeks Twinsie Tuesday is centered around YouTube tutorials.  There are tons and tons of tutorials on nails and its almost impossible to pick one!  However, I had one in mind that I knew I wanted to try.


Cartoon nails are popping up everywhere.  I've seen so many nail gals do them and always added them to my mental "try list".  Finally, this Tuesday gives me a chance to go for it.  Sometimes designs can look so simple, but I look up tutorials anyway.  You never know what tricks you can pick up!  I'm glad I found this tutorial by Cute Polish on YouTube to help me get started.  I did the first technique that she showed.  This included painting the nail pink, I used China Glaze Bottoms Up, then rimming the edges with black.  I used black acrylic paint for that part, as its so much easier to work with when doing intricate designs.  Then you add the 'shine' design.  This gives it that almost Pop Art look, a fake shine glisten.  I used Illamasqua Scorch for this, then topped it off with Butter London Matte Finish.  I'm slightly obsessed with these nails.  Though on my freshly filed nails, I look like I have ultra nubbins!  Ha!  I got so many compliments on these too.  They caught so many eyes and the matte finish really helped them pop!



How do you guys like these?  Don't forget to check out the rest of the Twinsies this week!
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra


-Kelly


11 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I need to give cartoon nails a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing these around too! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is adorable! Love the pink you chose <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute! I love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of these! Your came out so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try these - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing, Kelly! They've been on my to-do for ages--I've just been nervous about trying those frame lines. Yours turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)