Monday, September 30, 2013

31DC2013 Day 30 Inspired By A Tutorial: The Nailasaurus Waterfall

Hey guys!  Only today and tomorrow to go for the challenge!  Today is themed Inspired By A Tutorial.  That leaves a ton of options.  However, there's been one mani I've wanted to try.  Ever since The Nailasarus came out with her Waterfall Nail Art Tutorial, they've been popping up everywhere!  It's time I finally tried them for myself!


The colors I used here were inspired by a photo from Cirque's Instagram.  I can't remember what the photo was for, but it showed different types of nail art in fun funky colors.  I think this might be the last few manis that I do with real bright colors as fall is fast approaching.  For these I used a base of OPI Mani Ways to Help.  I did the Waterfall design kind of opposite the way I've seen it.  The colors for that are Color Club Pucci-Licious, China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle, Orly Beach Cruiser and Bondi Brick Road.  Whew!  That's a lot of fun but great colors!  Some of the colors even blended together and made it look like I used more than I really did.  I really loved the end look with this. The shimmery base with the fun bright colors at the tip made it look like a new french manicure style.




Has anyone else tried out The Nailasaurus' Waterfall Nail Art Tutorial?
-Kelly



Image Courtesy of Chalkboard Nails







3 comments:

  1. beautiful manicure <3 I love it!
    http://juditnailpolishblog.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. knew this thecnique, never dared. love the finish and you did an amazing job, love the colors and how they look with the base

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I've still yet to try this, but you make me want to now! lol :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)