Sunday, September 29, 2013

31DC2013 Day 29 Inspired By The Supernatural: Kraken Nails

Good morning all!  The challenge is coming to a close!  This is the home inning stretch.  Today's theme is Inspired by The Supernatural.  As much as I wanted to put Dean and Sam Winchester's faces on my nails, I'm just not that talented.  I had to think of something else.  Recently, WAH Nails posted some kraken nail art on their Instagram, and I immediately knew that was the perfect choice for today!


Krakens are giant sea monsters of the deep sea.  Their myth is Norse, and they originate off the coats of Norway and Greenland.  They have these giant tentacles that grab the unlucky boat.  I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I then went to do the design in OPI Black Onyx, later I filled in with OPI Stranger Tides (fitting?).  I love that the design almost looks sketched.  I tried to do the kraken head on my thumb, however, it didn't come out too good.  O well, I love the rest of my nails and that matters!   I feel like I've seen krakens everywhere lately, I wonder if they'll be the new scary creature of upcomin movies and TV?



What do you guys think of these Kraken nails?
-Kelly

Image Courtesy of Chalkboard Nails

6 comments:

  1. Really great mani and love the inspiration; would never have thought to use Kraken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, omigosh, these are AMAZING! Stranger Tides was the perfect choice too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job! I love your interpretation of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I think its a great idea. Love the design and the color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute and funny and i adore how nerdy it looks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I love that you used OPI's Stranger Tides hehe

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)