Wednesday, September 11, 2013

31DC2013 Day 11 Polka Dots: Neon Polkas

Good morning! Moving forward with the challenge, its the day dedicated to Polka dots!  Polka dots in one of my favorite nail art ideas.  It's easy and quick but can also be really awesome with the right color choices.


I used OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh for my base and China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle for my dots.  I purchase DYEAVG a while ago and it just seemed right to pull it out for this.  Its a nice beige color that leans a little gray.  With the neon turquoise polka dots under that neutral base, my nails just pop!  For some reason, I could not get my dots the right size that I wanted.  I had to redo two fingers I messed them up so badly.  I was irritated, these were polka dots!  Nothing crazy! Haha, o well.  Does anyone else get like that?  You cant seem to get anything right or just how you want it?





What do you guys think of these colors together?  Were not yet even half way through the challenge, so stay tuned for the rest of the month!  Some great stuff coming up!
-Kelly
Image Courtesy of Chalkboard Nails 









7 comments:

  1. I love the combination of nude and neon, it's always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mani - I love nude and mint :) I'm totally lemming that OPI polish now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the dots pop off the nude base; I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors look great together! Too Yacht To Handle really stands out!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)