Saturday, September 7, 2013

31DC2013 Day 07 Black & White: Harlequin Design

Good morning, again!  Its black and white for the challenge today, and that means a little bit of nail art.  I have been trying out some new looks with my nail art and actually trying to challenge myself a bit.


This is a, I guess you would say a harlequin look.   I've seen this done many times with just the back and white or with added color.  But I loved the look of black and white.  So perfect for this.  My base is OPI Alpine Snow and I did the design in black acrylic paint.  Does anyone else use acrylic paint for things?  I find it allows for more opaque and finer designs to be easier.  Though this is a bit of a mess.  I could not seem to get my lines even and it ended up looking a bit sloppy.  Oh well, it allowed for some practice at least!



What do you guys think of this design?  Personally, I think I've done better work!
-Kelly

Image Courtesy of Chalkboard Nails

3 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)