Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Chevrons

Good morning, all!  Its Tuesday and this weeks theme for Twinsie Tuesday is Chevrons.  Chevrons are a classic nail art look.  However, they can prove to be difficult.  Recently, I tried out a new technique for them and I really liked it.  I used that technique again for this week!



While, I like this technique, I definitely need some practice.  I feel like my chevrons aren't even enough.  My scissors with the design are a little bulky, so I need some work in that area.  I decided to do the classic black and white chevrons with glitter accents.  My base is my trusty Illamasqua Scorch, the chevrons were made with OPI Black Onyx.  For my accents, I pulled out a polish that was an untried in my stash.  This is Butter London Henley Regatta.  I used OPI Fly as undies, the glitter in Henley Regatta is micro glitters in blue and green, giving it a distinct teal finish.  I can't believe it took me this long to use it.  It was a polish I had always liked and finally picked up during one of Ulta Beauty's great Butter London sales.  Thank goodness for these Twinsie Tuesday posts that allow me to bring these great polishes into use! Haha!



What do you guys think of my second attempt at a new chevron technique?  Has anyone else tried it out?
Do not forget to check out the rest of my Twinsies!
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra





13 comments:

  1. Very pretty color combo! My craft scissors never seem to cut the tape accurately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I love the blue accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! You did a great job. I've tried the scissors too, but failed big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the black, white, and teal combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! I give you props for trying this technique - I just don't have the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome, Kelly! Love the polishes you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way your mani turned out!!! Nice combo with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Kelly... Henley Regatta is sooo amazing! i love Elissa's technique. Now if I could just get back to making the time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute and funny but yeah can be tricky

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)