Friday, August 9, 2013

Guest Post from CaseyLane Loves Polish!

So for the last guest post of the week I have Casey, shes new to the blogging world and I met her through Instagram.  She's such a nice person and is awesome with nail stuff.  Everyone should go check her out and be her friend when your done reading this!


Hello everyone!  My name is Casey and I'm from CaseyLane Loves Polish.  I was very excited and honored when Kelly asked me to do a guest post for her while she's on vacation.  Kelly is the first nail blogger that I started a friendship with, and she was the first person who started telling me I should start a blog. She's exceptionally talented and very, very sweet and encouraging.  A few weeks ago I started a nail polish account on Instagram; on July 16th, 2013, I started my blog.  I couldn't be more excited. The nail community is so helpful and fun, I feel like I've made some wonderful friends through this network and hope to make many more!

Now on to what you're really here for, the nails.  I wracked my brain trying to think of a good mani to do for this post that would be fun and a bit of a tribute to Tuxarina.  Well, if you've followed this blog for more than a day or two, you know that Kelly LOVES textures.  So I decided to do a mix-and-match (my favorite style) with some textures mixed in for Kelly. With inspiration from the internet and a little help from my friend, Alaina I came up with something that I'm very happy with.

The colors I used for this mani were OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, OPI A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and Julie G Sugar Rush from the Gumdrops collection.  I used OPI Nail Envy base coat on all my nails.  I'll break down what I did for each nail below.


I started with 3 coats of MBSW on my middle finger, and a coat of Seche Vite; you want your base to be very dry before using any tape. Then I added striping tape in a cris-cross pattern. This stuff can be very tricky to work with, but I’ve found that putting it in an old scotch tape dispenser makes it much easier. After making sure my tape was sealed down, I took a small nail art brush and carefully painted in my colors. Then I quickly (and very carefully) removed the tape. I had a little bit of bleed through, but I’m pretty happy with the result.
For my pinky finger I started with 3 coats of Can’t Find My Czeckbook. This is one of my all time favorite colors. Once it was dry I used the fan brush technique to create “stripes” with MBSW and A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find. To me this looked almost like sugar spun nails, but not as 3d, which I prefer on my own nails. I am really happy with how this turned out; I didn’t add a top coat because I loved the textured finish. I loved it so much I got a macro picture of it to show the texture.



For my thumb and pointer finger I started with 3 coats of my base colors, and then with a dotting tool I made dots of the other 2 colors. Dots are my favorite nail art technique, they are simple to do, you can use a variety of things to make them, and they make a big impact. I try to stick to using just one or two sizes on one nail; it keeps it from getting too busy for me.

On my ring finger I just did 3 easy coats of Julie G Sugar Rush.I love the textured trend and hope it doesn’t fade anytime soon. My favorite textures are the sparkly ones. Here is a macro shot of that nail to show some of the sparkle.


Kelly I hope you’re enjoying your vacation!!! Thank you for this opportunity!

~caseylane

I love them Casey! Thank you so much for doing this!  And for being so great with my computer problems!  Everyone be sure to check her blog out!
-Kelly




3 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)