Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Something New

Hey guys!  Its time for another Twinsie Tuesday post.  This week's theme is Something New.  I decided to go with a technique I had been wanting to try out: water color nails.  This was a new trend for the year and it has a very unique look to it.  I watched a few YouTube videos and just plunged right in.

The technique deals with dabbing spots of polish on your nails and spreading the spots out with acetone.  The acetone causes the polish to spread, giving it that distinct water color paint look.   I used OPI Alpine Snow as a base, be sure to add topcoat to your base as to not ruin it with the acetone.  The colors for my design are all Essie:  Avenue Maintain, Mod Squad, Play Date and The More The Merrier.  Some of the colors didn't spread the way I wanted them to, but for a first try I think its decent!



What do you guys think? Don't forget to check out the other Twinsies!
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Traci at DrinkCitra

-Kelly

15 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)