Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: International's Choice

Hey guys.  So since last week was for the American Twinsies and inspired by the 4th of July, this week it's the international girls' choice!  We kind of broke into groups for this and Elizabeth from Did My Nails lead my group!  Elizabeth resides in Hong Kong so she told us to come up with a mani based on some lucky items that are traditional in that area of the world.  I picked Koi Fish.  I know that I have done a Koi Fish mani before, but I can't for the life of me, remember if I posted them here.  And I'm also too lazy to go back in posts.  Haha, sorry gals!  It was a ways back when I was just starting to dabble in nail art.  Anyway, I'm psyched to get the chance to do them again.  By the way this nail art design was invented from Mr.Candiipants.  You can find the original post here and the video tutorial, here.  I started with a base of Essie Mint Candy Apple and did the fish design with Essie Vermillionaire, Illamasqua Scorch, OPI Black Onyx.  For the bubbles I used, Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream and Illamasqua Scorch.  I'm so happy with how these turned out.  I know that they are better than before, which is a great feeling.  And I also had fun doing a challenge someone else created!  What do you all think?

As always, don't forget to check out the rest of the Twinsies today!


Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Traci at DrinkCitra
-Kelly

22 comments:

  1. I love Mint Candy apple! I never understood the hype but it looks gorgeous on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!!! THe polishes/colors/finishes you used go so great together! Very beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Seriously so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your koi fish look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Koi, even though I am petrified of fish!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)