Monday, July 8, 2013

Trials in Stamping: Part 1

Hey guys!  Ok, so lately I have really been envious of all of these great manicures that involve stamping.  Some of them come out so cool and beautiful, I just die.  I recently put in an order at Ninja Polish and on a whim added one of the NailCraze stamps.  I really liked the patterns on these plates and wanted desperately to put them on my nails.  So I set out on my first stamping adventure.  I started with a base of Illamasqua Scorch and then sponged on with Lime Crime Once in A Blue Mousse, Lavendairy and Parfait Day.  They are really pigmented and I wanted the stamp to show.  I then went in with the stamping design in Scorch again.  Its a really great opaque white, so I thought it did well with the stamp.  However, I'd like to try this design again with darker base colors.  With those pastels, you can barely see the design.  Its subtle.  I also added Urban Outfitters Silver Holo for an accent.  I had big plans for a stamped accent nail, but decided not to push my luck!  What do you guys think of this mani?  Did I do OK?
 
 

How do you guys do your stamping?  Any tips or tricks?
-Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Reakky pretty! The stamping looks great and the colours work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing, Kelly!!! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This completely took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)