Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A New Chevron Featuring China Glaze Sun of A Peach

Good morning!  I recently started following an awesome blog called Ten Little Nubs.  I love this blog!  Elissa has such gorgeous little nubbins, I can't!  I'm smitten.  Anyway, she recently did a tutorial for a different chevron technique.


 Everyone loves a good chevron mani.  However, they can be a little tricky to do and get even.  I have nail guide stickers that work fine for things like a chevron tip, but for a nail full of chevrons, they don't work for me.  I am a small girl standing at just 5'' and I unfortunately have baby features.  Small hands don't work with the guides "one size fits all'.  So I either needed to step up my concentration game and try super hard for perfect chevrons on each nail, or I needed a new method.  I was ecstatic when I saw this tutorial.  It involves painting the polish on plastic then cutting the delicate squares with pinking shears.  Follow the link to the tutorial, as it will explain much better.  I was itching to try it out so I set to work.  My chevrons aren't the most perfect, but they are much better than my hand painted messes!  I used China Glaze Sun of A Peach for the base color.  This polish is a little complicated.  Its streaking and thin, making application no so fun and easy.  I used three coats to make sure the entire nail was covered.  For my chevrons I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I wanted something else to add to the mani, so I took out some of my recent stud purchases and added them to the rest of the nails.  I loved the end look and can't wait to try it out and perfect it for myself!  Thanks for such a great tutorial, Ten Little Nubs!
  


How does everyone else do their chevrons?  Whats your secrets?
-Kellly

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the base color you used and that zigzag pattern is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I also do mine like that.. So much easier. Gorgeous colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!! I've only tried to do chevrons freehand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this design is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! I love the chevron design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so fun and cute! I love the orange and white color combo... it reminds me of a orange creamsicle! And your lines for the chevron are so nice and crisp. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Love the way your chevrons look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the white looks higher than the orange. Uneven is a really cool look. Did you use topcoat?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)