Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday Marching Orders

Hey gals!  Another Twinsie Tuesday is here and this weeks theme is Marching Orders.  I'm relatively new to the Twinsie Tuesday group and I was very exciting/nervous to do my first Marching Orders post.  Marching Orders is where you do a mani based on what another girl has told you to do.  Cordia from Seriously Swatched gave me mine first Marching Orders.  She ordered me to do a mani based off of my favorite song.  This is an extreme challenge.  I have a wide variety of the music I like.  I decided to pick a Florence and The Machine song.  Unfortunately, I love every single one of her songs.  So, I ultimately decided to stop trying to decide and go with an album art mani.  Florence's first album, Lungs, is a great album.  It turned me on to her music and I still jam to it today.  I don't know if any of you are a fan of her, and even if you aren't- you cannot deny that that girl doesn't have one of the greatest voices of all time.  She can seriously belt it out.  I could go on about her forever.  I even got to see her last summer in Toronto, Canada and she was seriously amazing.  It was a dream to watch her perform.  Her songs give me chills.   Ok, enough ranting!  Haha!  The album is a beautiful, dark look of damask, flowers, birds and Florence herself with a pair of exposed lungs.  It seems a little dark to do a set of lungs on your album but she does it in a non creepy way.  I started with a base of OPI Ski Teal We Drop then mixed OPI Stranger Tides with Essie Going Incognito for a green to do a damask pattern.  I then went in and did the lungs on my middle fingers in OPI Skyfall.  I mixed Skyfall with white to do some lines on the lungs to give them some more definition.  Lastly, I went in and did some puffy flowers using OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, OPI Your Such A Budapest and OPI Skyfall.  I ended up covering the damask pattern a little, but then it kinda looked like greenery coming from the flowers,  so I went with it!  I ended up loving this mani.  Its a dark design but something that came out better than I expected.  What do yo guys think?  Anyone else a Florence and The Machine fan?

Be sure to check out all of the other girl's Marching Orders manis!  I hope I did Cordia's request justice!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Traci at DrinkCitra

-Kelly

34 comments:

  1. I LOVE Flo & the machine :) You did a fantastic job on this Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Florence and the Machine! Your nails represent it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design... Haven't heard of the album before but will def check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, it looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mani! I love me some Florence--her voice is incredible! I think you totally nailed your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! Nice! This is awesome and totally nothing like I would have expected! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lungs, wow, so creative! Gorgeous mani <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool! Love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Florence & The Machine! Great Mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh what a challenge! I think you conquered this! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)