Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired by Another Blogger, The Little Canvas

Hey gals!  It's time for another Twinsie Tuesday.  This weeks theme is Inspired by Another Blogger.  On Sunday, The Little Canvas named me her June Nail Artist of the Month.  I thought this week's theme would be a great opportunity to say thank you to her and copy one of her awesome manis!  Haha!  Recently, she did a great curly- Q nail art with some Zoya Pixie Dust.  She also gave a great tutorial on how to complete the look.  I was dying to try this out.  I used Zoya Liberty on my main nails and on my thumb and accent I started with a base of Illamasqua Scorch.  I then went in using a nail art brush, and followed The Little Canvas tutorial instructions for the curly- Q designs using Liberty again.  Can we talk about Liberty for a second?  Its stunning!  This is one textured polish with some depth in it!   Its a perfect medium blue textured polish with blue sparkle throughout.  I did hear through various nail networks that it stains, so I doubled on my base coat.  I'll have to get back at you guys with that update because I'm still wearing these beauties!  How could you not want to wear this design?  Its easy to accomplish and has a striking, girly look to it!

 
 

Be sure to check out the other Twinsies manicures today to see which bloggers inspired them!
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Traci at DrinkCitra

You can follow The Little Canvas here and purchase Zoya polishes here.
-Kelly

34 comments:

  1. I really love the white contrast with the textured blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! adorable! It reminds me a lot of my old ceramic like one I did with the Layla. Makes me want to wear something similar again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable mani. I love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liberty is one of my fav Pixies...it's so pretty and this design is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! I love the texture and the textured design is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this manicure with Liberty!!! this post made my day! you really have no idea how much i love seeing manicures i've done re-created. thank yo, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really pretty!! And congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the textured polish up against the stark, flat white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I REALLY like this! Very Clever! {Even if it is inspired from another...} :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to look up the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Kelly, I just love it! Liberty is so gorgeous, and I love the pretty swirl. This one's going in my inspiration folder now! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)