Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Beach Inspired

Hey guys!  This weeks Twinsie Tuesday post themed "Beach Inspired".  Oddly enough, I usually don't wear polish when I go on beach vacations.  It usually chips more quickly because I'm in and out of the water so much.  Plus, I don't like to put time aside to do manicures while on vacation.  This year, though, I'm going on vacation in the beginning of August ( Guest posting anyone?)  and I want something on my nails.  I just need to make sure I do the right pick in polish: good wear, travels well, and fun bright color!  Anyway, for this challenge I wanted to do something with the textured polishes.  They are literally the perfect depiction for sand!  Especially Zoya Godiva, which is my base color here.  I then went in and added some fun starfish to the mix in Essie Where's My Chauffeur and Haute as Hello.  Both are great bright colors and they stood out on the base so nicely.  I loved Godiva on the base, it sparkles just right and the color of it looks exactly like sand!  Maybe that's what I should do for vacation- a textured polish.  They wear so great!  Now to decide which shade?
 


Be sure to check out the rest of the Twinsies and their beach nails!
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Traci at DrinkCitra


What do you guys think of my beach nails?   Any suggestions on vacation polish?
-Kelly

25 comments:

  1. Super cute! I'm totally gonna steal this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a beach holiday now.. And texture wears great at the beach. On day 6 and no chips yet... ;) this is such a gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope your having fun! And thanks I just need to decide on color now!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I love this! It's so simple and cute! Perfect for a day at the beach. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely perfect and so cute! I would totally wear this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really simple and nice. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking you should probably wear this on your beach vacay! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how simple and beachy this is!! Great job Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this! The sand looks awesome and the starfish are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! I wanted to use Godiva also but I had already swapped mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! I never thought to use a textured polish to replicate sand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great use of textured polishes, love the starfish!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)