Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Blockbuster 2013 Day 1: The Great Gatsby

Hey gals! Happy Monday!  This post is late in the day and I'm sorry for that!  I was out of town to see a Dawes concert over the weekend and I didn't have time to do this post beforehand.  I've been a busy girl.  The concert was so awesome and I was excited to get out of town to the big city for a little while.  Anyway! Me and Elena from Ecklipsed by Color are at it again!   Its time for Summer Blockbuster 2013, our nail art challenge based on your favorite movies/books.  The first day is devoted to The Great Gatsby.  Has anyone seen it , yet?  I actually really loved it, despite the negative reviews it got.   The story remained the same, so anyone who liked the story line should like it!  I did this mani based on the awesome art deco themed the movie went for.  For that design, I used the base of OPI Black Onyx and Essie Shifting power and just free handed the designs on each nail.  For the accent nail, I wanted to go with the watching eyes of T.J. Eckleburg.  I used Zoya dove as the base for that, the gradiented with Onyx, Zoya Kelly and Dove to give it the worn look of the billboard.  I free handed the eyes with Illamasqua Scorch, Essie Borrowed and Blue and Onyx again.  I used Essie Shifting Power for the rims of the glasses.  I then went in with a sponge and Zoya Dove to give it more of that worn effect.  I loved the end result of these so much!  I also did the Jay Gatsby logo on my thumb nail!  I hope I did the design justice.   Stay tuned for the next design which will feature one of my favorites: Alice and Wonderland! Also, if you want to participate, everyone is more than welcome! Tag your entries on Instagram with #summerblockbuster2013!

  

-Kelly




12 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)