Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Past Post You Enjoyed

Hey everyone!  Its time for another Twinsie Tuesday post.  Today's theme is centered around a post that you particularly enjoyed.  Since I haven't been a Twinsie for very long, I picked one that I enjoyed by the other girls.  A few weeks back they did a theme that was called 'Sweet Sixteen', to pick a polish a 16 year old version of you would wear.  When I was 16 I wore a total of like, 2 colors.  Both pink.  There was one in particular that I could not stop wearing.  I went through three bottles of it.  The thought of using three bottles of something now, sounds so foreign to me.  The only polish I use more than a bottle of now is white and black polish for nail art.  I can't remember the name of it, but it was a Maybelline polish that I'm not even sure they sell now.  It was the perfect hot pink with a great, slight, iridescent shimmer in it.  I found the closest thing to it in my collection now and thats Essie Tour de Finance.  It's pretty much a dupe for my old flame of a polish.  I used two coats for this swatch.  I actually really enjoyed wearing this polish and picking it out.  Made me feel a bit nostalgic for the good old days.
 
 

Don't forget to check out everyone else's manis for the day!
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Traci at DrinkCitra





I'm pretty curious as to what the rest of the Twinsies will pick for this one.  I love that being a part of Twinsie Tuesday lets me flip through so many great manis by other talented girls.
-Kelly

32 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this, Kelly--the shimmer gives it such an amazing glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am going to go searching for Tour de Finance today! This is such a gorg pink, your swatch has won me over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love to hear stuff like this!! :))

      Delete
  3. Very nice! I don't think I've seen this one before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is such a gorgeous colour. I'm sure your 16year old version colour was pretty awesome too ;) . Loooove the shimmery look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Sinful polish that looks similar to this. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have seen that one! Very pretty!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely pink!! I would've definitely worn this when I was 16.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely screams 16 year old girl

      Delete
  7. Nice! I got my hands on similar colours lately..Is it the summer around the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is so gorgeous! And you captured the shimmer in this so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pink! I love the shimmer! My first Essie was pink too--French Affair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also went through a period of time where I'd actually use up multiple bottles of the same color, over and over. I can't even imagine that now! This color is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It sounds almost ridiculous now!

      Delete
  11. Ooh this is a great polish! I love that beautiful sheen it gives off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laughed out loud at wearing a total of two colors both pink. Boy, I have been there. Fab color polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This polish is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)