Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Fishtail Mani

Hey guys!  I am so excited to announce that I have been asked to join the group of nail gals that do Twinsie Tuesday!  Amanda from Amandalandish asked me if I would be interested in joining the group just last week, and of course I said yes!  I have always admired the Twinsie Tuesday posts.  They allow for so much diversity in your nail work and in your blog.  Plus, there's a whole new bunch of nail bloggers to get to know, which I love!  Anyway, for my first Twinsie Tuesday post, is Fishtail Mani.  There's a few different ways to do a fishtail mani.   From chevrons, to the braided technique and to the scales technique.  I choose to do the chevron way.  I used Zoya Song, Essie Borrowed and Blue, Essie Where's My Chauffeur? and China Glaze Icicle for these.  I just did a free handed curved V shape with the polish brush for these.  It was relatively easy and has a really cool effect when finished.  Blues and greens always make me think fish, the reasoning for the colors!Though, I do recommend using polishes that have small brushes, no OPI wide pro brush.  It makes it much easier.   And I actually have Amanda to thank for Zoya Song as she recently did a swap with me.  Its so gorgeous, I can't believe I never had it before!  Thanks again for that Amanda!

 
What do you guys think of my first Twinsie Tuesday mani?  Don't forget to check out all of the other ladies lovely manis for Twinsie Tuesday!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing
Anne at Grape Fizz Nails
Brandi at The Beaulieu Review
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jamie at Polish, Please!
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Maribeth at Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Nory at Fierce Makeup and Nails
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Traci at DrinkCitra


I just want to thank Amanda again for asking me to join in on Twinsie Tuesday and for all of the warm welcomes from all of the other girls!  I'm super excited to be involved!
-Kelly 



37 comments:

  1. Pretty colors!!! Reminds me of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was totally going for that!

      Delete
  2. wow those nails looking amazing. i wished i had some of ur skills :(

    please do more posts and you just gained a new follower <3

    xx michelle

    mich-ette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice! :) and a whole lot of patience! Haha and thank you for the follow! :)))

      Delete
  3. This is perfect, Kelly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combo here - it's so nautical & summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I was really going for a sea water feel!

      Delete
  5. This is just perfect and I LOVE the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kelly, excited to habe you in TT! Awesome job on your fishtail mani! Looks fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad to be a part if TT!

      Delete
  7. Welcome aboard! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, amazing first post! The colors you chose go so brilliantly together! And you're very welcome for Song, it's really a beautiful blue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! And I'm totally obsessed with it!

      Delete
  9. Ooh great color choices, Kelly! Love how this came out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color combo! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! I cant imagine how long this took you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a few tries! Haha patience!

      Delete
  12. Great first Twinsie post! These colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks! The blues all mesh well together!

      Delete
  14. Welcome to TT! What an awesome mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous mani and some fabulous color choices! Welcome to TT! I hope you have lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful colours <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly, these look amazing! So happy to have you in TT, girl! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)