Friday, May 10, 2013

Lush Lacquer: Clowning Around Matte Edition

Hey gals!  I feel bad that there has been so much textured polish on my blog, lately.  I just really dove into the trend and went with it!  Haha!  I have some plans with more textured polish, so stay tuned with some variety with them.  But today, its back to indie polish!  This is Lush Lacquer Clowning Around.  I actually first saw this on Instagram from the user @mrslochness.  If you guys are on Instagram, and don't follow her, you need to.  Her nail art is amazing as are her combos and swatches.  She just has great stuff.  I know this isn't the first time I've mentioned her either.  I'm a big fan.  Anyway, she has some amazing manicures with Clowning Around.  I picked it up ASAP and used it just as fast!  I used two coats of Lime Crime Lavendairy and one coat of Clowning around.  And I think, personally, any Lime Crime polish and Clowning around would be made for each other.  Clowning around is a glitter topper with matte neon glitters in all shapes and colors.  Its so cool!  And it really fits in with the neon glitter trend that's really picking up now. I love that I used it over something other than white, but the colors still all popped and looked great.  I finished this off with Butter London's Matte Topcoat.  It's almost like this polish was made to be matted.  I love this look!  I seriously can't gush enough over it.  Definitely one of my favorite manicures, lately.  Have a great weekend, all!
      

I got my bottle of Clowning around off of Etsy. What do you guys think?
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. This combo is seriously amazingly gorgeous! The colours are so fun and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This combo is beautiful, I love it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this glitter!! Definitely going to get this soon!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I feel like every glitter looks great as a matte too! Especially this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like candy!! You're right, those two colors are just made for each other! And the matte coat on top makes the glitters pop even more! Love it! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah, I love this so hard! Fabulous combination, and the matte is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pastel base under the neon! And the matte...nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)