Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jeremy Scott Inspired Nails

Hey gals!  So, I follow NYLON Magazing on Instagram and recently, they posted this photo of a Jeremy Scott bomber jacket.  There's something really appealing to me about this pattern and I was dying to put it on my nails!   If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen that I recently picked up Illamasqua Scorch and Rare (a huge lemming of mine) from Sephora in JC Penny for $4 each!  I thought this was the perfect thing to use them for.  I did one coat of Scorch, a white polish that is perhaps the best white polish I have ever used.  Then, I did one coat of Rare which is a smooth, even leveling neon yellow polish that leans a little green.  These both were heaven to apply.  Both white polish and neon polish are notorious for being streaky and hard to get even coats of.  However, true to Illamasqua's reputation, these were both awesome formulas.  I eventually went in with black acrylic paint to make the spots.  I used one of my new nail art brushes by MASH and it was great.  This was one of the easiest nail arts I've done in a while, and one of the most striking too!  Haha!  I was at work the next day and people could not stop commenting on them.  I love a good funky, eye catching nail art!

 
What do you all think of these?  Did I do the coat justice?
-Kelly

10 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)