Friday, May 17, 2013

Illamasqua Raindrops Comparison

Hey guys!  Happy Friday!   Anyone have big plans this weekend? I have a fun different type of post for you all today!  This is a comparison post.  I have recently acquired both versions of Illamasqua's Raindrops polish, Pink Raindrops and Raindrops.  These are essentially two different polishes, so they require a comparison.  Lets Start.


Raindrops:  Raindrops is a gray/blue polish that has a jelly formula.  There's also some white flecks all throughout the polish.  You can see my original post here.

Pink Raindrops:  Pink Raindrops is a dusty rose colors polish with a creme, dense formula.  There is a pink shimmer and subtle white flecks throughout the polish.  You can see my original post
Thumb, pointer and ring: Pink Raindrops
Middle and pinky: Raindrops
 

The differences:  The formulas are completely different.  Raindrops is a jelly consistency, while Pink Raindrops is a creme.   Also, there is a pink shimmer in Pink Raindrops that the original Raindrops does not have, nor does the original have any type of shimmer.  The white flecks in the polish are more easily seen in the original Raindrops.  The flecks are much more subtle in Pink Raindrops possibly due to the dense base color.  The jelly consistency allows for more visibility for the white flecks.


Overall, these are very different polishes.  So, plus side is, you can own both without any guilty feelings.  I, personally like to have both versions, but I like the original version much more than the pink version.  What do you guys think?  Which ones would you pick?  You can purchase these from Illamasqua.
-Kelly

20 comments:

  1. I love the original raindrops colour. The pink would not go with my skintone :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the original version! I don't quite understand why they made a second version that's so different and named it so similarly....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, I kinda feel like it could have been much better.

      Delete
  3. I don't have either but kinda want them both. I'm sure the pink would look terrible on me but that probably won't stop me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the original! But I'm not huge on the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I require both to die a happy person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I laughed out loud at this Amanda!

      Delete
  6. nice idea! i find them lovely and different, but i like the pink better

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for doing this post- I know I asked just a "few" times... honestly, Raindrops does it for me hands down. Love the formula, look, and feel. Very atmospheric. The Pink has nothing to do with Raindrops... Pink Sunrise or Reflection... there is no rain here for me... oh well. :) Awesome pics and post, Miss K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I did it for you!! And yea I think the pink is pretty but it's not a pink version of the original- it's its own polish completely.

      Delete
  8. I really like them both! I like how they are different :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the side-by-side, Kelly! I love the original blue so much, but then the pink has such a nice shimmer...Yep, I'm afraid imma need 'em both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea they are definitely different enough to have both!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)