Monday, May 13, 2013

Illamasqua: Pink Raindrops

 Hey girls.  Happy Monday! its my day off so me and the boyfriend are going to see an Indians game!  Today, I have the pink version of Illamasqua Raindrops.  They released the pink version to honor a Facebook milestone.  I loved the original Raindrops so much, I jumped at the chance to get the pink one as soon as possible.  Pink Raindrops is a dusty rose colored polish with very subtle white flecks in it.  This polish also has a pink shimmer to it.  I used two coats here and if your careful, this could be a one coater.  It's a dense polish.  I honestly don't know how I feel about this one.  I was so pumped for a pink version of Raindrops.  I loved the formula of Raindrops, so what could be better than more of it?  However, this polish almost stands completely alone from its original spawn.   The formula is nice, because who doesn't love a one coater?  However, the color is what is getting to me.  I expected something really awesome from Illamasqua, and a dusty rose, was not it.  Its actually almost nude its so dusty.  There's also some left behind shimmer upon removal.  I do like the pink shimmer in this, though.  Its a bright pink shimmer and really gives the polish what it needs because of the downgraded base color.
 
 

How do you guys like Pink Raindrops?  I have a comparison post coming up soon so you all can see the difference between the original and pink version!  You can find this polish from Illamasqua.
-Kelly

14 comments:

  1. It does pull more nude than frosty pink - which is weird considering the name "pink raindrops".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea i wish it was more of a pink jelly

      Delete
  2. those nails look amazing :)

    pls follow back

    xx

    mich-ette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I expected more from this too (even though I don't even own the original Raindrops yet!), but it is still pretty! I'm gonna need it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it is a pretty polish but different than what I had in mind!

      Delete
  4. natural, but not too natural..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks pretty :) I like the pink shimmer in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shimmer is just stunning! I'm definitely surprised at how taupe it is, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea me too, but that shimmer is nice!

      Delete
  7. Shame about the color...maybe you got a dud bottle? But it is still quite lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)