Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Fling Challenge Day 5: Water Marble/Gradient

Hello all!  Today is Friday and the last day of Elena and I's Spring Fling Challenge.  This is the big day I have been prepping for.  Many hours of YouTube watching and even a run through, and I was Water Marble ready!  I have been blogging for a whole year and never have I tried this technique before.  Water Marble is a tricky one, though, so can you blame me?   Like literally, the water alone has to be filtered and room temperature for this to even remotely work. The first run through I did was okay, not perfect by any means.  Though, it let me experiment and get a feel for what I would be dealing with.  This Water Marble isn't near perfect either, but it looks a great deal better!  I'm pretty proud of this actually.  As first times go, this went very well.  I used a base of OPI Alpine Snow and for my Water Marble colors, I used Zoya Neely, Zoya Kelly and OPI Alpine Snow.  I thought using white as my third color would make things a little smoother.  It definitely went better that way!  I also wanted to pick colors that were slightly spring.  Whats more spring then spring green and stormy gray?  I think my pointer finger looks the worst, it got a little thick in the middle, but my thumb turned out the best.  I'm kinda bummed that my top coat smeared the design a bit, too.  Altogether ,though, I'm proud of my Water Marble and I cant wait to try it again!
 
 
 

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their last day designs!
ECKlipsed By Color
SparKylie Nails
Polished At Heart
Pink & Purple Dots
Nails Noob
Lovely Lacquered Life


I also want to thank everyone who participated.  I met a lot of great new bloggers!  And everyone's designs were worth noting.  Another challenge well done!!  A special thanks to Elena, too, for helping me put together this and sponsoring another great challenge with me!
-Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the supurb challenge. I enjoyed every minute of it. Love your watermarble.. Looks amazing. <3 and really awesome for a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for participating! I'm happy to have added you to my blog friends :)

      Delete
  2. Ok this REALLY looks like marble, the colours you picked are perfect and remind of the marble itself. I love this double vision of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the colors too

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the color combination you picked! I think the water marble is really good considering it's a first attempt at that!
    I haven't seen Zoya Kelly before! I bought Neely a couple of months ago, but haven't tried it yet. That was one of the polishes I was considering for this last day though! This was a great challenge, thanks for co-coordinating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating!! I'm pretty sure I got Neely and Kelly in the same order..had to have my namesake polish!

      Delete
  5. Water marble is so difficult to achieve, and I think this looks great for your first try! My first watermarble was a joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks heather! I don't think it turned out too too bad but it's defintly not great!

      Delete
  6. Tοday, I went to the beach with my kids. I fοund а sea
    shell and gaνe it to my 4 year old daughter аnd said
    "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She рlaced the shell to
    her ear and screameԁ. There wаs a hеrmit crab inside and it pinсhеd
    heг еar. She neveг wants to go back!

    LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tеll ѕomeone!


    Heге іs my web page ... omegle girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Water marbling is so hard... I think you did a terrific job! I really like the colors you chose too! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)