Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Fling Challenge Day 4: Bunnies!

Hello gals!  Its Day 4 in me and Elena's Spring Fling Challenge, and that means Bunnies.  Bunnies are the perfect animal icon for spring.  Not only are they associated with Easter, they also are close to my own heart.  Every year around this time, my neighborhood is crawling with bunnies.  They are literally breeding underground.  I have this slight fantasy that there is this giant underground colony/society of bunnies underneath our houses.  In fact, last year my friend hit like three of them with her car because they are literally everywhere, especially at night.  My poor cat just foams at the mouth watching them from the front door. Haha!  My sister didn't believe me when I brought it up the other day, that I had to show her the two burrowed holes in our front yard alone from the bunnies.  Oddly enough, on our way home that same day one came running in front of her car, and she almost hit it!  Haha, okkk enough about the secret bunny society, and on to the nails!  I did a little shopping this week and I had picked up Butter London Fiver.  I had decided this would be my base for these nails before I even bought it!   I used white acrylic paint for the bunny, OPI Pink Friday for the ears, OPI Black Onyx for the eyes and mouth and Zoya Dove for the whiskers.  I then went and added some polka dots in the white for the rest of my nails.  If you follow me on Instagram (@Tuxarina)  you saw that I later removed the bunny and opted for just all polka dots.  I love the mint color of Fiver, perfect for the Spring fever!
 

Don't forget to check out the other awesome bloggers participating!  And tomorrow is the last day, that means Water Marble or Gradient...think I'm gonna try for the Water Marble..wish me luck!
ECKlipsed By Color
SparKylie Nails
Polished At Heart
Pink & Purple Dots
Nails Noob
Lovely Lacquered Life
-Kelly


14 comments:

  1. O my goodness that's such a awesome base colour! LOVE! And the bunny is soooo cute and adorable. Perfection

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mani! Adorable bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really really pretty base color! I'll have to keep a look out for that the next time I'm in Ulta. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mani! That bunny is just too adorable! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh they're so cute! Love its eyes hahah, you're amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute bunny! Love the mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)