Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Fling Challenge Day 3: Patterns of Fasion

Its day 3 in the Spring Fling Challenge, half way through!  Today's theme is Patterns of Fashion.  I had the hardest time picking a design to do for this.  I haven't been keeping up on the fashions lately, so I did a trusty Google search.  I found some recaps of some looks on various magazine websites.  So much inspiration came from just flipping through there.  You'll be seeing quite a few nail art ideas coming up based on fashion.   I finally came to a decision, with the help of my boyfriend, on a design by Giambattista Valli.  I had never heard of this designer before, but one look and I became obsessed.  It was hard to choose one simple based on his Spring 2013 collection.  There were so many great looks with a pop of color or vampy black.  I chose this design.  The reds really caught my eye, I don't normally go for red.  This pattern is almost a brushy floral.  I started out using Julep Kate.  For the design I used Essie Lacquered Up, Essie Lady Like, OPI Skyfall and Zoya Dove.  I took my nail art brushes and just lightly went around the nail with some fast brush strokes, almost doing a V pattern.  I later went back in and used Julep Kate to soften the red.  I love the outcome, while it doesn't look identical to the pattern, its very pretty.  It almost looks like a painting.  What do you guys think?
 




Don't forget to look at the other girls fashion designs!
ECKlipsed By Color
SparKylie Nails
Polished At Heart
Pink & Purple Dots
Nails Noob
Lovely Lacquered Life
-Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Oh my this is just stunning! Love the colours and patterns. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning and so pretty. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat and clean! Love it~
    I just started following you and hope you follow me to so we can stay in touch <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have checked out your blog and ill follow back as soon as I get to my computer again!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work, Kelly! the color combo is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADOOORE THIS! i had missed it, can you teach me? I'd really love to do it :) JUST AH-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it was quite easy just messy brush strokes! Haha

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)