Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Fling Challenge Day 1: Indie Skittle

Yes!  Its time for the Spring Fling Challenge!  I'm exciting to be putting this challenge on with Elena and so many other talented nail bloggers!  Today is the first day and that means Indie Skittle.  I was actually having some trouble figuring out what polishes to use with this, as it can be hard to find indies that go together cohesively.  I was totally planning on kind of ducking out and doing a trigger mani featuring my two spring colors from KB Shimmer.  That is, until Elena and Hayley had been commenting on my Sonnetarium Spring Collection and asked to see a bottle shot of them all.   They looked so pretty sitting there together, that it hit me.  They will be my colors for Spring Fling Day 1!  Haha. Starting with my index finger working to pinkie, we have Banana Pudding, Cucumber Salad, Blueberry Yogurt and Strawberry Smoothie.  I only had four of them and since I'm not a cartoon, I used Pretty & Polished Let them Eat Cake for my thumb nail.  All are two coats with top coat.  I love the mix of all of these, a little bit of a rainbow.  Plus the glitters are enough to be different but still go together.  Tomorrow's theme is In Bloom and I'm thoroughly excited to get a chance to do floral nails!
 



Be sure to check out all of the other ladies participating in the challenge!  I'm positive their manis will be awesome!
Ecklipsed By Color
SparKylie Nails
Polished At Heart
Pink & Purple Dots
Nails Noob
Lovely Lacquered Life
-Kelly

13 comments:

  1. This mani colours go so well together! I love your version for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome - can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing colours, and they look great together! I adore that they are all pastel colours and with those funny white dots inside, I'd really like to have them! They look like super cute little bird eggs. ;) Thank you for this amazing opportunity, this challange is allowing me to get to know some new great polish bloggers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Challenges are the best way to meet other bloggers! Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  4. You're a genius! These colors look amazing together hahaha, can't wait to see all the other ideas you come up with <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much, Kelly. How fun..they're so different yet they work so well together too. Great skittle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how they look together too! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Kelly, for letting me drive you crazy... err I mean ask politely to see the whole collection side-by-side LOL I love Cucumber Salad and Banana Pudding. Sonnetarium is amazing.. let's put these on the wishlist, too...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)