Monday, April 22, 2013

Illamasqua: Devotee

Hi gang!  I hope everyone's weekend was good, but its time to get back to the grind!  I feel like I've been getting a bit burned out at work, lately.  It happens when you've been at a job for a long time.  I needed a pick me up.  So last week I ordered a small haul of polish ( if you call 5 polishes a small haul..) and it was just what I needed!  Actually I was quite impressed with Illamasqua this time around.  If you have been reading my blog for a little while, you know that Illamasqua, along with every other overseas nail polish brand, has been having shipping issues.  Apparently, due to the small amount of alcohol in polish, they are hazardous to ship.  So bloggers and nail lovers like me, have had a hard time getting their polishes.  I had a few orders take quite a long time from Illamasqua, but it seems they have gotten it all back in place.  I ordered this polish on a Monday and I received it on a Friday.  I couldn't have been happier.  I was totally expecting this to take forever!  Gah!  Anyway, enough ranting!  Illamasqua Devotee is part of their Rubber Brights collection that dries to a matte 'rubbery' finish.  I have a few others from this collection and I pretty much love them.   I also decided that I needed a pink Illamasqua to complete my rainbow.  Devotee fit the bill perfectly.  I used two coats here and I had debated on a third, but ultimately decided against it.  This is a bright pink, it borderlines neon!  The perfect Barbie pink color.  The formula on this is also pretty good, it self levels nicely and has no residual staining.  I'm not ashamed to say that I'm completely obsessed with this shade of pink.  I can't wait to wear it all summer.
 
 

You can buy this shade at Illamasqua and other shades at Sephora.
-Kelly

12 comments:

  1. lovely how this is bubbly and girly! I adore this kind of matte shades, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the finish of it, such a fun color~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about feeling burned out. It's not helped by the lack of holidays between new years and memorial day. Hang in there! :-)
    That's a great pink! Very bright, perfect for summer!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to think of all the fun things I have planned for summer to get me through!

      Delete
  4. Pinks like this make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell head over heels for this one!

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous! Your swatch of it is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)