Monday, April 29, 2013

Graphic Galaxy

Hello ladies! Happy Monday.  I have some special nail art for you all, today!  I have a separate blog over on Tumblr (theres's a button to follow me on my sidebar) and there are some awesome photos that show up on my dashboard.  I recently came across a really awesome graphic with some galaxies.  I gave me some inspiration to recreate it.  I started out with my galaxies.  I used Zoya Indigo as a base (which is a great one coater) then I started sponging with Zoya Purity, Zoya Yummy, Zoya Trixie, Essie Play Date and Essie Mojito Madness.  I wanted this galaxy to be more blue.  Once I was done with that I went in and did my stars and dotted stars with white acrylic paint.  Then, the finishing part started.  I wanted it to look like almost a lattice sat on top.  So I free handed some triangle shapes all over it.  I decided to block out one on each nail for added effect.  I love the way this looks!  My only problems are that the stars get kind of lost with all of the top design and that my lines could be thinner, allowing for more galaxy to show through.  Other than that, I think they look great.  This came out to be totally what I was going for and it almost looks like your looking out windows straight to galaxies!
 

What do you guys think?
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous Kelly! I love the look of this galaxy nails design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, love this! So pretty <3 You're sooo talented~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, this is so totally cool! The geek in me is all giddy and calling it a "Tholian Web" manicure. LOVE it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so cool and gorgeous! Great job! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to try the galaxy look since way before I even had a sponge. I really want to make you my congratulations for your creativity here. I think that the broken mirror thecnique is a goargeous idea, and mixing those two very strong effect to show a breaking universe unrealistic scene was clever. This thecnique reminds me of Dalì's mosaic statues in Parc Guell in Barcelona Spain, and I will defenetly try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea galaxy is so fun because you can really take some different twists with it!

      Delete
  6. I think these look so cool! Galaxy nails rock!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)