Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Trippy Half Moons

Good morning!  I'm pumped to be showing you guys some nail art, today!  I have been working a ton lately because we have been seriously understaffed, and I finally put a chunk of time towards my nails.  I miss doing nail art!  I've also been looking for inspiration for nails everywhere.  These nails are based off of my travel coffee mug that I love.  I have wanted to do this for a long time, so I finally went for it!  I used OPI Black Onyx for the black and OPI Did it On Em for the half moon color.  For the white, I used acrylic paint.   The design is a trippy looking circular pattern.  I did this free hand and it took me forever!  I was so proud of how they came out, though!  I had a ton of people asking me if these were decals ( I know, blowing my head up ten sizes larger!) Haha.  The circles are a little uneven, but who can really free hand a perfect circle?  I just used my small nail art brush and a lot of my patience for this design.  Lets just say, I got through a lot of episodes of Supernatural while doing these!
 
Cue the awkward hand pose!
I'm totally pumped up with how these turned out!  How do you guys like them?  Also, where do all of you find inspiration for your nail art?  I have some trouble sometimes. Oh, how about yesterday was my blogs one year anniversary! I've come a long way and made some huge changes throughout but I think I've finally found my grove! Thank you to all the wonderful people who follow me! :)
 -Kelly

20 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! At first i thought the design was stamped! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! This is a wonderful mani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely thought these were a stamp! These are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omggg, I originally thought these were stickers haha, I admire your patience Kelly :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have way more patience than I would, but it definitely paid off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I loved how they turned out!

      Delete
  6. What a cute mani! I love the design (you did it free hand!? Wow!) and the colors you chose! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I owe it all to my cup! Haha!

      Delete
  7. Woah cool nails! They look like they'd take aaaages to do, the detail is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always adore your nail art, and this is proof positive why! Amazing detail and I love the pop of the acidy lime with the black and white. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the heck!?!?! These are AMAZABALLS!! Look at that all caps, can you tell how much I love it!! I need to recreate this asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you!!! What an awesome compliment :)

      Delete
  10. This is really awesome! Such patience to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes a ton went into these

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)