Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Gradient V Tips

Good morning.  So as you all know, I've been experimenting with my nail art techniques and trying new things.  I always liked a good V shape on the tip of the nail, but I wanted to add something different to it.  I started with a naked nail with base coat, and gradiented OPI Black Onyx.  Then, using my V shaped nail art stickers, I went in with Essie Good As Gold.  Finally, I free handed a V tip with Black Onyx, again.  I wish that my gradient had faded a little more, but I found it difficult to fade it over a naked base.  I did think that my free hand V came out great though.  I'm hoping to get my skill level to do mostly free hand without using the stickers as a guide.  But for now, they do really help!  What do you guys think of this design?  I really love the colors I used, as well.  Black and gold is a classic combo!


-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. it's super edgy.. i think it has a very haute couture feel to it. nice work, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of love this! It reminds me of a feather the way it fans out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! I love the black/pink gradient and the gold V is an inspired touch! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this, I will be trying it soon!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)