Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Simple Valentine's Day Mani

Happy Valentine's Day ladies!  Last year, I was super pumped to do nail art for this holiday, but I just wasn't feeling it this time around.  Plus, I was really hoping to have my Born Pretty Store heart shape studs to do for this day, but sadly, they haven't come yet!  So, I went with something simple but cute this year.

I started out with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff from their new Euro Centrale collection.  Its a must have!  The formula is absolutely perfect.  I used too coats.   Then on my accent nail, I went with Butter London Rosie Lee to do a fun sparkly pink heart.  I just free handed this with my nail art brush.  Then, to really amp this mani up, I went in and topped the rest of my nails with  A England She Walks In Beauty.  I am obsessed with this polish!  I'm super excited I finally got to snag it up.  I wish it would photograph the way it really looks in real life.  Its a extremely shimmery polish that shines a goldish green with some rose colored hexes.  I finished off the look by adding Butter London's Matte Topcoat.  I love the finished product.  I forgot how much matte manicures really change things up!



Anyone have some cute Valentine's plans?  Me and the boyfriend will prolly just stay in with some take out and a movie :).
-Kelly



OH! I'm coming close to 100 followers and I want to do a giveaway for you wonderful people!  Would the Urban Outfitters Hologram Trio be a good gift?

8 comments:

  1. This is subtle and perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see OPI 'My Vampire is Buff' - it didn't really interest me in the promos, but it looks gorgeous on the nail, but I'm definitely going to buy it now! (whenever it gets released here in NZ -_-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great ! Formula and color are both perfect.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely elegant and stunning! It is very romantic... great color choices. As usual, I am in love with your manicures, Kelly! Happy Valentine's Day, chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! A happy valentines to you too!

      Delete
  4. That glittery heart looks so perfect! Definitely cannot tell it's freehanded! So cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and simple! Love it! :-)
    Hope you had a great Valentine's Day! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)