Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tie Dye Accents

Hey gals!  I finally did some nail art and I was so pumped to get to it!  I felt like I haven't done some in a while.  I was really lacking inspiration, then it hit me that I should try some tie dye nails. I posted these early on instagram and tumblr and they seemed to be a big hit!  I've seen many tie dye nails and they are all done with a dragging method.  I'm just not good at doing that kind, so I did my own thing with these.  I also just did them as an accent, since it was a first try.  I used Zoya Dove, my favorite gray, for my main nails.  Then on the accents, I started with a base of Zoya Purity.  Then, using a nail art brush, I went in with quick small strokes with each color in a spiral design.  The colors I used for this were:
Essie Pretty Edgy
Essie Mesmerize
Zoya Pippa
Zoya Jancyn
OPI Funky Dunkey

 
I wanted to use a perfect rainbow, but I think it would be fun to try again with similar colors, just different shades.  It was relatively easy to do, and not very time consuming!  And the colors went on more opaque over the white.  Once I put top coat on, too, it all meshed together much better.

How do you all like this design?  Has anyone tried something similar?
 -Kelly

5 comments:

  1. it's amazing, i love it! :)

    xoxo Miu
    www.thenailpolishaddiction.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just started following you by the way :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so awesome! I loved it on Instagram - I'm going to have to try this design out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kinda obsessed with it too, I literally posted it everywhere!

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! I am definitely going to have to have a go at this awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)