Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lac Attack: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

Hey guys!  I'm pumped to show you my next installment of Lac Attack's Magical Musings collection.  Today is for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

The Weasleys are a pure blood (all wizard blood) family, all with flaming red hair and freckles.  The Weasleys also happen to be Harry Potters close family.  Not actually related, but I think most readers will agree with me that family is the best word for them.  The Weasley family is also large, 6 boys 1 girl.  Weasley's Wizard Wheezes is named for the twins of the family, Fred and George's, joke shop. Fred and George are mischievous twins, playing pranks and jokes frequently.  Weasley's Wizard Wheezes first appeared in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  (The joke stuff, not the family.) Its the name of Fred  and George's joke shop.  Fred and George first started by testing out their products, things like Puking Pastilles and Nosebleed Nougats, on first year students.  Mostly things to help get students out of class.  They eventually dropped out of Hogwarts to pursue their joke shop.  It ended up doing very well, and making them enough money to buy expensive dragon skin blazers.  Haha!

This polish is so awesome!  I love the color combination of yellow and orange.  Along with the glitter combination of hexes and bars.  So awesome.  They are bright too!  The perfect coloring to represent the Weasleys.  I layered one coat over two coats of Zoya Dove.  I wanted to put this over a neutral, because I keep seeing it over different colors.  I wanted to test how it would look with a neutral base.  And it looks awesome!  Haha!  I love the bright glitter popping over the gray base.

How do you guys like this one?  Its definitely one of my favorite of the bunch! You can find Lac Attack polishes here.
-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I really love the combos you've been coming up with! The base really brings out the true colors in this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good over the grey base! I agree with Heather, your colour combos are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this with the gray! Thanks Jenn!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)