Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lac Attack: Holidays in Hogsmeade

Here is the next polish in the line up from Lac Attack's Magical Musings Collection!  Holidays in Hogsmeade!

Hogsmeade is a wizarding town close to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  It is the only all wizard town in Britain.  Hogsmeade was first introduced in book 3, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  As third year students, they are allowed to take weekend trips to Hogsmeade, if given permission by a parent or guardian.   This proved to be a challenge for Harry, whose parents had passed and lived with his unreasonable Muggle uncle and aunt.  There are a series of events that prevent Harry from ever getting permission from them.  He finally gets to go in secret with the aide of the Weasley twins (brothers to his best friend Ron, but we'll cover them a little later!) and a certain magical map, and of course, his invisibility cloak.  Hogsmeade contains shops like Zonkos, Honeydukes and other attractions, the post office and Shrieking Shack (haunted house).  It also has the famous the pub called The Three Broomsticks, which is frequented by many students.  Hogsmeade then appears in the rest of the books in the series, being a focal point for many of the story lines.  Right up until the end.

Holidays in Hogsmeade is your classic green, red and white glitter polish.  Perfect for a subtle gorgeous ( is there such a thing?) Holiday manicure.  I wish I had this during that time, I would have done so many manicures with this one!  The white glitters in this are a little larger than the rest, but the green glitters are the most apparent.  I layered one coat over two coats of China Glaze Icicle.  I loved it over the silver! The formula was great, not too thick and no fishing for glitters.  It smoothed nicely with topcoat.


You can find Holidays in Hogsmeade over at Lac Attack's shop.  What did you guys think of this one?  I'm racking my brain to find some more reasons to wear it since the Holidays are through!  Any suggestions?
-Kelly

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great holiday polish! I just love it over the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glitters look fantastic over silver! What a great polish for the holidays! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful holiday polish! Let me see... you can wear it over pink and do some accent nail art of a rose for Valentine's so the glitter looks like petals... just a thought..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah maybee I feel like I might be pushing it now lol

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)