Monday, January 14, 2013

Lac Attack: Hogwarts

Happy Monday, all!  Today kicks off my two week event featuring Lac Attack's Magical Musings collection.  I'm going to go in chronological order too, so were gonna start with the main place, Hogwarts.  Hogwarts is what started it all, where Harry grew up and learned the most (not kidding, 'cause it's an actual school, so.)

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was founder by 4 witches and wizards.  Each set up a house of their own based on certain characteristics.  Godric Gryffindor founded the House of Gryffindor, 'where dwell the brave at heart', Helga Hufflepuff founded the House of Hufflepuff, 'where they are just and loyal', Rowena Ravenclaw founded the House of Ravenclaw, 'where those of wit and learning', and lastly Salazar Slytherin founded the House of Slytherin, 'those cunning folk use any means'.  Each house has its own house colors along with a mascot of sorts.  At age 11, a young witch or wizard is sent a letter, accepting them to Hogwarts.  Upon getting there, each student is sorted into houses by the Sorting Hat.  Hogwarts school is enchanted, so that no non-wizards/witches (Muggles) can find it.  It would look like an old shack from the outside to them.  While it's not the only magic school, its the most notable.  The school has secret passages, moving staircases, ghosts and much more.  Did I mention its a huge castle, too?  This is the place every witch and wizard learns their stuff.  Students stay there in dormitories for most of the year, getting breaks for holidays.  Most of the major events in the book happen at Hogwarts.  Up until the very end.  Hogwarts has a huge lineage of history and stories attached, I highly recommend diving further into it, because JK Rowling is a genius and thought of it all in her head.  It's just amazing to me.

The polish Hogwarts is a glitter polish.  It contains hexes in 4 colors to represent each House.  Red for Gryffindor, green for Slytherin, orange for Hufflepuff, blue for Ravenclaw and silver to represent Hogwarts as a whole.  This polish is pretty bling-y.  I love it!  The glitter comes out amazing with no issues with coverage. I layered one coat of Hogwarts over two coats of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons.  It also smoothed over with topcoat nicely.  And, if it couldn't get any better, I had little trouble getting this off.  I thought it would be a nightmare, but it really wasn't bad.  I love that she included something to represent every aspect of the school.  Very pretty overall, too!

What do you think of this one?  Oh and if your wondering where I'm getting all my information- most of it is in my head and the little tid bits I can't remember I look up on Harry Potter Wikia.  (Its pretty legit.) You can find Lac Attack polishes here.

Are you guys as excited as me to go through all of these?  I've always been a huge fan and I'm happy to geek out here!
-Kelly

10 comments:

  1. I love the neutral base, it makes the glitters pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this over Don't Pretzel My Buttons!! I just love the glitters in this polish...awesome combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, so much fun reading about the houses, I honestly haven't touched anything Harry Potter related for so long, so you really bring me back! Love this polish too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah well I'm just getting started!

      Delete
  4. I love this polish! I love everything HP too which makes this perfect. I really think you chose the best base polish colour, it reminds me of the moving staircases!

    Love love love this polish, beautiful swatch & great background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the colors in the glitter, they really work well together and I love how it's the four houses... "Not Slytherin, Not Slytherin"... lol.. you should rock a sorting hat accent nail (ha ha- told you that I would geek out)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring it on! Haha! I totally want to do some serious hp nail art someday but I cannot narrow down my ideas!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)