Monday, January 21, 2013

Lac Attack: Durmstrang

Good afternoon!  Today's Magical Musing polish is Durmstrang!

Durmstrang first appeared is the fourth book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  Much like Beauxbatons Academy.  Durmstrang is located in Sweden of Norway.  It was the third school to compete in the Triwizard Tournament.  It seems to be that the school is a very cold castle.  The fires are only lit for certain things and the students wear fur cloaks and hats.  Upon their arrival to Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament, they came in a giant ship.  Making it seem their school is surrounded by water.  Also, Durmstang does not allow Muggle borns to attend their school. Muggle borns are wizards or witches born from non magical parents, a rarity.  Durmstrang also has a reputation of housing dark wizards and being a large hand in the Dark Arts.  Its also Unplottable, like the rest of the schools, and cannot be seen by non wizards.

Durmstrang as a polish is very pretty!  Its a blue base that shimmers slightly gold.  It has some black shard glitters, along with some black diamond shape glitters.  I layered this one over two coats of OPI Ogre the Top Blue.  It was a perfect match.  I've read that others had some problems with the glitter shifting to the top of the nail.  However, that can be remedied easily.  I, honestly, didn't have that much trouble with them.  I would have liked a few more on the nail, but they stand out better with just the few!  I loved the color of this polish.  It fits Durmstrang!

How did you guys like this one?  You can find Lac Attack polishes here.


 -Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh the black glitters look so interesting against the blue! And I like it sparse too. It makes the glitters stand out more. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it definitely does! I really like it

      Delete
  2. I love the black against the blue and agree wit the above - the sparse-ness of it is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very different...the saturated blue and the occasional black diamonds make it look like a glacier or an ice cave, very appropriate for Durmstrang... nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors in this collection go perfectly with their book counterparts

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I like the diamonds! I think the spare glitters make it look so cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the hint of glitter, it makes it interesting and makes me wonder, what is that - oh it's glitter cool!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)